Great Horkesley, Essex
From £1000 Per Night
The Farmhouse at Blackbrook Lodges
Sleeps 16+ | 7 Bedrooms | Hot Tub
In the heart of Constable Country, on the Essex Way, nestled amongst farmers fields and woodland you will find Blackbrook Farmhouse.
Set in its beautiful and idyllic 22 acre location, it is ideal accommodation for large groups and family gatherings of up to 22 guests.
About The Farmhouse
Situated within 22 acres, this very large 4000 sq ft property can easily accommodate 13 guests within the 7 large bedrooms, and up to 22 guests, by using the sofa, 2 sofa beds and 4 air mattresses in the 4 reception rooms.
House is home to 30 Alpacas, 6 Horses, 2 Donkeys, 10 Peacocks, 3 Pigs, 3 Goats, 30 Chickens and Diesel our farm cat.
There is a large farmhouse kitchen with 6 oven Aga, 5 bathrooms, 4 reception rooms, large gardens, hot tub and a gym.
Plenty of secure parking and a great pub 10 mins walk away called the Yew Tree.
Farm house is 5 minutes from an A12 link, 10 minutes drive from Colchester town and less than an hour by train from London.
Availability & Book Online
Guests are welcome to walk around the farm but we ask them NOT to enter paddocks that are padlocked. We also ask the guest not to feed the horses or donkeys due to strict diets. However, we do have an honesty box full of other animal food and fresh farm eggs.
– Self check-in with lockbox
– No smoking
– No parties or events
– Pets are allowed
– Smoking is allowed in garden area please use the ashtray provided
Please DO NOT wear fake tan if you are planning to use the hot tub during your stay. We understand this is Essex and we love looking glamorous and sun kissed, but the hot tubs will be damaged. If the water is discoloured/green after your stay, you will be charged £80 for the inconvenience caused and for the hot tub to be professionally cleaned. Thank you for your understanding.
No parties allowed or groups of people. Music must be kept to a minimum as we have animals/other guests staying on the farm grounds.
Our check in time is usually 4pm as we give ourselves a larger window to rectify any hot tub or property issues from the previous guests.
Our check out time is 10am unless otherwise arranged.
Amenities & Services
- Bed Linen
- Extra Pillows and Blankets
- TV with standard cable/satellite
- Kettle & Toaster
- Cooking Utensils
- Private Hot Tub
- Outdoor Furniture
- Logs and marshmallow toasting packs available (charges apply)
- Travel Cot
- High Chair (available for free hire)
- Buggy Hire (refundable deposit required)
- Robe & Disposable Slippers Hire (charges apply)
- Bathrobe & Slippers hire | £14 per hire
- Bathrobe & Slippers hire for 2 | £25 per hire
- Bottle of Prosecco | £14 per stay
- Farm Animal Tour | £25 per stay
- Rose Petals & Swan Towels | £7 per stay
- Balloons (10) | £22 per stay
- Red Heart Balloons (10) | £24 per stay
- 2 Number Balloons | £28
- Occasions Banner | £6.50
- Treat Box | £28
- 20 Flickering Candles (hire) | £11
- Red Rose Garland (hire) | £6.50
- Red Heart Hanging Decorations | £6.50
- Fire Pit, Logs and Toasting Marshmallows | £20 per stay
Great secluded property with high tech features and a massive hot tub. There are loads of animals on the farm with peacocks roaming freely which is lovely. Would definitely recommend staying here.
Oh we love staying here. Such a great spot. Love the animals. The stables is always clean and cosy. So many lovely extras. Just a fab relaxing break.
Had a really lovely stay at the stables. Was so relaxing/peaceful. Enjoyed every minute being there. Was able to walk around explore and feed all the animals during the day, then chill out in the massive hot tub of a night. The staff were very welcoming and happy to help you with anything you want or need. Will definitely be going back there 100%.
Luxury Country Lodges
Book With Us
Click the button to browse our properties